Part-Time Clinical Veterinarian (per diem - approx 1-15 hours per week)
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. Massasoit currently offers 41 associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences and 24 certificates. The College also offers non-credit workforce development certificates; corporate training courses; adult basic education; personal enrichment classes; and Early College programs for high school students.
Students of color make up roughly half of all students enrolled and more than half of all Massasoit students are first generation to attend college. More than 900 students graduate from Massasoit with an associate degree or certificate each year.
Brockton, Massachusetts, home of Massasoit's largest campus, prides itself on its diversity of cultures and is home to approximately 95,000 residents. In addition, the college has a campus in Canton, a satellite location in Middleborough, and annually serves students from more than 35 cities and towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. Massasoit is one of the largest community colleges in the state.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Massasoit Community College is now accepting applications for a part-time/on-call Clinical Veterinarian for our Veterinary Technology Program. The part-time Clinical Veterinarian is part of a team that provides routine wellness and general medical care to program animals housed in our Canton campus during each academic year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct weekly in-person animal health checks
- Along with other clinical instruction facility staff, participate in a rotating on-call schedule to provide support for emergencies affecting animal welfare on weekends, evenings, holidays, and during inclement weather or other events when the college is closed.
- Consult with program staff by phone and email, as needed
- Maintain thorough medical record documentation
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Veterinary license in good standing with the MVMA state veterinary board.
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate and recent work experience, related to position needs.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, holidays, and during inclement weather (as needed).
- Familiarity with and an ability to deliver compassionate animal care
- Ability to read and follow protocols for clinical setup and animal care
- Knowledge of rules and regulations regarding animal care and laboratory safety
- Strong team and relationship building skills with program veterinarians, credentialed veterinarian technicians, students, and support staff
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Experience with programs in the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
Position Status: Part-time (approximately 1-15 hours/week as needed), 10-month, non-benefited
Location: Canton Campus
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Hourly rate: $75.00/hour
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online. Resumes will NOT be considered without an accompanying cover letter.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Title IX and Compliance Officer, Amee Synnott, 508-588-9100, x1304, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=152254
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency