University of Idaho
Farm Assistant II
Division/College: College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.20 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position will operate tractors and other field equipment, plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, and harvest in support of research and non-research related crops. Perform routine maintenance on machinery and equipment. Perform backup facilities maintenance at the Kimberly R&E Center. Contribute to team effort by creating a work environment that emphasizes teamwork and safety.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the operation of farm tractors, implements, and equipment
- Experience maintaining and repairing farm equipment and vehicles
- Experience with farm irrigation
- Associate degree or higher in agricultural related field.
- Farming background.
- Experience with farm chemicals and their use.
- Experience with a variety of crops.
- Computer record-keeping skills.
- Knowledge of good safety practices.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to carry, lift and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP004228P
Posting Date: 12/11/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by March 1, 2024 will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
IMPORTANT: You must address EACH Required Experience to be considered for this position. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible in your letter of qualification.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa for this position.
This position is located in Southern Idaho.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency