Animal Program Director and Attending Veterinarian
Job Identification: 15322
What We're Looking For
The Animal Program Director and Attending Veterinarian will support the mission of Baylor University by directing and overseeing the Baylor Sciences Building animal facility.
A Doctoral degree, up to three years of relevant experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Doctoral degree and five years or more of relevant experience is preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for direction and oversight of the BSB animal facility. This includes direct supervision of the Research Animal Facility Manager, as well as overseeing the ordering, transporting, receiving, husbandry, and propagation of all animals.
- Provide Facility oversight to ensure conditions and documentation vital to the well-being of animals are continuously met and in place in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act as implemented through the Department of Agriculture regulations and, for federally funded research, the U.S. Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
- Implement and evaluate new procedures; monitor experiments to ensure research study protocols are being followed and notifying proper personnel if deviations are noted; participate in Institutional Animal Care Use Committee (IACUC) meetings; and coordinate facility inspections.
- Provide routine veterinary care that includes but not limited to:
- Medical surveillance
- Surgical and non-surgical procedures
- Sedation and perioperative care.
- Maintain appropriate clinical records as required.
- Stay current on all required training and certifications. Provide training as needed to facility staff and research personnel.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with University entities that are involved with the animal care and use program. These include: the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, the IACUC, Environmental Health & Safety personnel, and other Baylor officials as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/BaylorCareers/job/15322
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency